Topic areas for Student Congress legislation at the 2019 FGCCFL Grand Finals have been announced. These topic areas are intended to focus your attention on particular issues and to allow you to do some background research before the docket is released in February.
Please DOWNLOAD AND READ this document BEFORE you start drafting. Topic areas are generally broad in scope, but your legislation must address the topic objectives directly; furthermore, some topic areas have exclusions intended to keep debate focused.
These are the broad topic areas for Grand Finals (read the descriptions in the PDF for details):
- Housing (Domestic Affairs)
- Labor and the Workforce (Domestic or Economic Affairs)
- India and China (Foreign Affairs)
- U.S. Public Debt (Economic Affairs)
- Defending Democracy (Domestic or Foreign Affairs)